Elder son doesn't have a share in the will.
We are four brothers and three sisters and I am the oldest son. my father brought a land in prime area of Agartala,Tripura in my mothers name. father died long ago and my mother died on january 2010. my mother first made a will equally among four brothers.after that she changed the will and given the total property equally to the youngest brother and wife of third brother. i didn't know anything about both the cases taking the advantages of my faith in them and love and also i lived my life out of Tripura. my age is above seventy yrs. and having no pension.due to my age, poverty, and distance from kolkata (now i live in kolkata) i am helpless and in sufferings.i think they have not taken the probate of the will. considering the above is there any way of getting legal help?
According to you the property was purchased by your father in your mother's name. Do you have the receipts whereby the purchase price of the property was paid? Was this property mutated in your mother's name? What does the sale deed say as to the purchase price?
Since your mother did not pay the purchase price of the property you can challenge the will on the ground that she could not have made the will in the first place. Show the title deed to a lawyer so that he can enlighten you about the chances of success.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can a director of co. represent own co. in a case?
- I want to transfer my house to my wife's name
- Not allowing the employee to leave after notice period.
- What is the procedure to take a case back filed earlier
- What initial steps are required to make a complaint in consumer court?