quesElder son doesn't have a share in the will.

We are four brothers and three sisters and I am the oldest son. my father brought a land in prime area of Agartala,Tripura in my mothers name. father died long ago and my mother died on january 2010. my mother first made a will equally among four brothers.after that she changed the will and given the total property equally to the youngest brother and wife of third brother. i didn't know anything about both the cases taking the advantages of my faith in them and love and also i lived my life out of Tripura. my age is above seventy yrs. and having no pension.due to my age, poverty, and distance from kolkata (now i live in kolkata) i am helpless and in sufferings.i think they have not taken the probate of the will. considering the above is there any way of getting legal help?

  • ansAccording to you the property was purchased by your father in your mother's name. Do you have the receipts whereby the purchase price of the property was paid? Was this property mutated in your mother's name? What does the sale deed say as to the purchase price?

    Since your mother did not pay the purchase price of the property you can challenge the will on the ground that she could not have made the will in the first place. Show the title deed to a lawyer so that he can enlighten you about the chances of success.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi Property purchased by grandfather in the name of grandmother in 1953 They had 2…
I bought a flat . Cost of the flat was Rs.XX lakh. I took loan…
I registered and bought 3 acres of land at bangalore - anekal taluk , in…
Religion: Hindu; Parents both decesed; we are 3 brothers and 2 sisters; I have a…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly