quesDomestic violence for a property.

I have purchased a property jointly with my husband with the help of finance from a bank,but till now we have not received the possession letter. Earlier my in laws were living with me and my husband in my company accommodation but recently due to some family disturbance he has shifted with his parents to some rented apartment. He is planning to live with me and keep his parents in the new house once we get the possession,and pay the rent for the company accommodation at that time. But I am not sure of his intentions,as he may refuse to pay the rent later and continue residing with his parents in new house. In that situation,I will be forced to pay notional rent to the company as well as the EMI for the house which I am paying now also. please let me know if there is any solution,so that without filing for divorce I may stop him from taking possession or if he starts staying there,what is the future recourse available.

  • ansYou are 50%owner of property, even if your husband starts staying in said flat with his parents you are entitled to stay in said property. Under DV act you have right to stay in matrimonial home. It is better both you and your husband visit a family counsellor to resolve your marital problems. Please note that to sell, mortgage the flat your husband will need your consent. Uou can if you so desire obtain injunction restraining your husband from selling the flat or creating any third party rights.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Father debarred his elder son from his property he won civil case up to supreme…
How will i get my 50 % share in my father asset as a daughter…
Religion: Hindu; Parents both decesed; we are 3 brothers and 2 sisters; I have a…
What happen if the registration date expires and builder has not completed its work till…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly