quesDoes my mother have share in her father's ancestral property?

My mother is a widow.I am the elder son My grandfather i.e(my mother's father) has a lot of agricultural land with him that was given to him by my mother's grandfather After my father's death we were financially struck and had to move to my grandfather's house (mother's father). He barely gives us 3 times meal a day. My grandfather has 16 cr worth property When my mother asks about property she is abused and often pushed and beaten. Please advise if I being the grandson or my mother can take legal action to get the property legally because these guys have made our lives a living hell.

• ansThis question has been answered by our lawyers. See answer below.

• ansYour mother has a right over her fathers property as the same is not his self made property but he has inherited the same from his father. Your mother being one of the legal heir, can claim her share in the property. For that, she needs to file a suit in the court of competent jurisdiction.

Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

Tis Hazari Court, Delhi

• ansYes your mother could take legal action by claiming a portion of the property if the property came to her father from her grandfather and the same was not partitioned prior to 2005. Pl come in person with all property papers for detailed advise and consultation.

Advocate Vanshdeep Dalmia

Jor Bagh, Delhi