Does my mother have share in her father's ancestral property?
My mother is a widow.I am the elder son My grandfather i.e(my mother's father) has a lot of agricultural land with him that was given to him by my mother's grandfather After my father's death we were financially struck and had to move to my grandfather's house (mother's father). He barely gives us 3 times meal a day. My grandfather has 16 cr worth property When my mother asks about property she is abused and often pushed and beaten. Please advise if I being the grandson or my mother can take legal action to get the property legally because these guys have made our lives a living hell.
This question has been answered by our lawyers. See answer below.
Your mother has a right over her fathers property as the same is not his self made property but he has inherited the same from his father. Your mother being one of the legal heir, can claim her share in the property. For that, she needs to file a suit in the court of competent jurisdiction.
Advocate Jiwan Pal SinghTis Hazari Court, Delhi
Yes your mother could take legal action by claiming a portion of the property if the property came to her father from her grandfather and the same was not partitioned prior to 2005. Pl come in person with all property papers for detailed advise and consultation.
Advocate Vanshdeep DalmiaJor Bagh, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- u/o Vll rule1&2 sec 26 of cpc
- Builder got approval for project showing different drawings
- After filing divorce petition can wife leave the country
- 2 years of marriage, husband in army. How can i file for maintenance?
- How can I file divorce if mother left home with daughter