×

quesDoes brother have equal right in property w/o taking care of father?

My father died without writing a will. We are three brothers but none of them except me took care of papaji. Now, they are asking for equal rights in his property. What is the solution?

Assuming you are a Hindu, you will be governed by the Hindu Succession Act. If your father died without a Will, then as per Section 10 of the said Act, all the legal heirs will have equal rights in the property. The Legal heir for your father's property are:

1. Father's widow,

2 . Father's mother,

3. Son and daughter.

The only solution you have with you is that all the legal heirs relinquishes their share in favor of you by executing a relinquish deed. Further, the relinquish deed needs to be registered before the sub registrar.