quesDoes agreement made by mother relating to property binding on me?

My mother came to an agreement with a property dealer in which he would give us a already built house in replacement of our land. It was mother's self made property. Thereafter my mother transferred the property in my name via sale deed and now she has expired. Now if i wish to further sell the property how can i go ahead with it?

• ansAs you have a validly executed document from your mother in your favour there should be no problem in dealing with the property. In case the property has been transferred to your name and you have possession as well then the same is at your disposal.

However, the details of the agreement with the builder will have to be studied closely in conjunction with the document in your favour besides others, if any, to put forth a precise comment on the entire matter

Once it is in your name then you can use or sell the same without any hindrance.

• ansSir,
    As you have a validly executed document from your mother in your favour there should be no problem in dealing with the property. However, the details of the agreement with the builder will have to be studied closely in conjunction with the document in your favour besides others, if any, to put forth a precise comment on the entire matter

Advocate Rajat Joseph

Nizamuddin East, Delhi

• ansIn case the property has been transferred to your name and you have possession as well then the same is at your disposal. Once it is in your name then you can use or sell the same without any hindrance.

Advocate Kanika Bhutani

Punjabi Bagh (West), Delhi