Does a girl have right in her in-laws property, if husband has none?
If a husband has not any own property and the married woman living with her in laws since last year, has she right to claim on their property further? or if they want her to send back her home (Father home) so what should she do for her livelihood. Because after marriage a girl lost everything, and it's not possible to live in parents house. Because its a arrange marriage not love. So in laws are also responsible for her worst life.
According to Delhi High Court's Judgement, a daughter-in-law has no right to continue to occupy the self-acquired property of her parents-in-law against their wishes.
"Daughter-in-law cannot assert her rights, if any, in the property of her parents-in-law wherein her husband has no right, title or interest. She cannot continue to live in such a house of her parents-in-law against their consent and wishes.
You can file complaint under Domestic Violence Act and application under Section 19 of the said Act wherein seeking right to residence. Further more, you can seek maintenance and compensation under the said Act for mental cruelty
The SC in the case of SR Batra has clearly said that a daughter in law has no right in the property of her in-laws. However plz note if the property devolved upon your ftaher in law from his father, then ur husband may have a birth right and you may have a case.
Advocate Vanshdeep DalmiaJor Bagh, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to prove a cash transaction
- Can I take any action against my commanding officer for punishing me?
- Can i apply for govt job after being acquitted in a criminal case
- Took property from married person can his children and wife ask for it
- Can grandmother transfer property without taking NOC from her children