do my sisters have a right in my father's property
We are 3 children (one elder sister and one younger sister) to our parents. My father is having a property which is given by his father. Do i have all the rights over that property or my 2 sisters will have share in that property as per the law (female child too gets the equal share as the male child gets).
Is it a self acquired property or ancestral property of your grand father? As far as self acquired property of your grandfather is concerned and it was transferred in your father's name, he can dispose said property as he desires. Only if father dies intestate ie without a will can the sisters claim any share in property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- getting child custody of son who is 6 years old now
- Sister cancelled the settlement deed transferred in my name
- Can someone file false complaint against me to harass me?
- Can married daughter claim share in father's property
- Took joint loan now brothers not allowing to enter in the house