×

quesDo my father and uncle need separate lawyer to file partition case?

My father and my uncle have filed a partition suit against rest of the brothers regarding the ancestral property. We are muslims and are governed by Indian Succession Act. Now our lawyer told us that my father and uncle need separate lawyer. Is true?

• ansThere is no requirement to have two separate lawyers under law. This must have been suggested due to strategic issue so that the other brothers may not say that your father and his brother have made a cartel.

Best

Advocate Kunal Sabharawal

Panchsheel Enclave, Delhi