quesDo I have a right in my grandfather's property?

We are living in our grandfather's property, my parents, me and my wife. My parents were planning to out us from the home but due to our grandfather's property they can't take us out from the home. Even Police came and told us that you are not authorized to send them out. But now we are collaborating with builder and builder is saying that when he will make building this floor which is our share is to be in name of our father and not us (I am the grandson). Now i am not authorized to claim. But i just want to ask that after making the floor and this will in the name of my father. will he be authorized to throw us out of home?

• ansYou have stated that the property is owned by your grand - father. How did your grand - father acquire the property in question? Did he purchase it from his own sources of income, or he inherited it from his ancestors?

If the property in question was purchased by your grand father during his life time from his own income then it qualifies as the self purchased property of your grand - father wherein you have no right. If your grand father did not make a will then all his surviving heirs i.e your father and all his siblings have an equal share in the property, in which even you do not have the right to even reside in the property except without the permission of your father.