×

quesDo daughters have equal share in parents property?

Can daughters claim equal share as sons in parents flat under redevelopment process? The deceased mother has nominated her 2 sons 5 months before death. What is the value of the nomination papers? Can daughters go against it?

• ansIt appears that your deceased mother has Willed the property to the sons. If it was a self acquired property, you cannot seek any share, but if it was ancestral then you can claim your share in it.

In case she died intestate all of you would be entitled to a share. In case a Will does exist and you have reasons to believe it is forged please challenge it before the competent civil court.