Do daughters have equal share in parents property?
Can daughters claim equal share as sons in parents flat under redevelopment process? The deceased mother has nominated her 2 sons 5 months before death. What is the value of the nomination papers? Can daughters go against it?
It appears that your deceased mother has Willed the property to the sons. If it was a self acquired property, you cannot seek any share, but if it was ancestral then you can claim your share in it.
In case she died intestate all of you would be entitled to a share. In case a Will does exist and you have reasons to believe it is forged please challenge it before the competent civil court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the process for compassionate appointment
- What all documents should I check before purchasing a flat
- Legal Remedies available to amend writ in SC.
- Can i legally break the wall between two of my shops
- Opposite party asking for Rs 2lakhs as compensation what can I do