quesDo daughter in law have right in parent in law property

I would like to know what are the rights of daughter in laws in the property of parent in laws in terms of their self acquired and inherited property?

• ansUnder the present law the daughter-in-law has no rights in the property owned by her parents-in-law.

She needs the permission of her in-laws to even live in the property owned by them.

Her rights are confined to the properties owned either entirely by her or jointly by her and her husband. She can enforce her right to stay in the matrimonial home.