quesDo children have share in mother's ancestral inherited property?

I am married. My wife got her grandfather's property in her name. We have 2 children. Does my children have share in their mother's inherited property? Can she sell it without their consent? If she does how can they claim it?

  • ans

    Your query is silent, how she got the property transfered in her name?

    Whether she had any brother and sisters?

    Whether it is ancestor property? 

    Further , if property is transferred through Gift deed. Will, till the mother is alive, children will have no right on the property.

    After her death, they will have right on property. Further she can sell the property without their consent

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

we found 6 acers land registred with names of my forefathers. Now those are occupied…

Dear Sir/madam, Please advise me on this issue. A suit for Specific Performance was filed…

Hi, My Parents came and setteled in a village some 40 years back. They have…
Hi there, My father died in 2003 , he left with a big house and…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly