division of property which is gifted
My grandfather passed away without writing a will. He allowed one of his son (My uncle) to construct a house in the second floor of the property (grandparents resided in ground floor). He also gifted 450sqft. of the groundfloor land to him. My uncle wants to sell the second floor house now. Is it legally possible for my uncle to sell only his house(second floor) without any consent from his siblings??
On death of your grandfather, his properly devolves upon his legal heirs in equal shares. Since he gifted the ground floor, the same can not be divided among his other heirs.
The first floor is liable to be partitioned among all his legal heirs . However your uncle has right to compensation for the cost incurred by him in raising the constructions on first floor.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the process to register a duplex
- how an adult gets his reservation under obc for a govt job
- If I take the child custody what maintenance can I ask from my husband
- Wife refusing to give divorce, what should i do ?
- I defaulted on payment of loan what action can be taken against me