×

quesDivision of ancestral property.

My father & my uncle are only 2 children for my grand father in property devolving my uncle will take 2 acre more than to my father that is registered on august-2004. Can i fight on him with court? Can my father able to cancel the deed alone? Can i get justice on court?

• ansIf the Property has been partitioned by registration or decree passed by the court before December, 2004 right to claim over the disposed property is prohibited as per the Hindu Succession Act and kindly check any family settlement made between joint family members.

But it has one exception as per new judgement of Apex court: Partition and Succession can be open at any time if distribution of property was injustice between Joint family members. Hence, you can challenge that partition subject to absence of non-adverse documents.