distribution of property-among legal heirs
My grandfather has a property, he died in 1986 and he has 5 children. One of the children is my dad, my dad died in 2011 and he has 2 children including me and a daughter. In the absence of any will, the grandfather's property is equally shared by all. I and my sister wish to transfer my rights in joint property to our mother. How can we do that? Such that if in later years the joint property be sold, my and my sister's share goes to our mother.
When your grand father demised your father had 1/5th share in property. On his demise his 1/5th share will devolve on your mother, you and your sister. You and your sister can execute gift deed/relinquishment deed in favor of your mother.
For the division of property deed of family settlement can be made among the legal heirs of your grand father. If no settlement possible suit for partition should be filed as per your families choice.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Only photocopy of will available unregistered will and no witnesses.
- What is the limit to announce the reserved decision by the SC
- Applied for new posts without employers consent what can be done
- Is it necessary to give medical certificate for taking leave
- Where can i get changes made in my reservation certificate