quesdistribution of property-among legal heirs

My grandfather has a property, he died in 1986 and he has 5 children. One of the children is my dad, my dad died in 2011 and he has 2 children including me and a daughter. In the absence of any will, the grandfather's property is equally shared by all. I and my sister wish to transfer my rights in joint property to our mother. How can we do that? Such that if in later years the joint property be sold, my and my sister's share goes to our mother.

  • ansWhen your grand father demised your father had 1/5th share in property. On his demise his 1/5th share will devolve on your mother, you and your sister. You and your sister can execute gift deed/relinquishment deed in favor of your mother.

    For the division of property deed of family settlement can be made among the legal heirs of your grand father. If no settlement possible suit for partition should be filed as per your families choice.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hello... My mother had purchased a land in gaya bihar in the year 1976. Mutation…
Some person take power of attorney from my father in January 2000 and transfer property…
There is a flat constructed in my building parking lot.plus there is a entry to…
Sir i am exservicem and lives in rented home in Allahabad. I am buying home…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly