quesdistribution of fathers property-between legal heirs

I have a matter of distribution of my property. I purchased a flat in Delhi 2005 along with my father. So I'm first owner and father second owner. My father passed away last year but now I want to sell my flat and my family members want share of property, so how it can be divided. We are two brothers and three sisters, and mother. Please suggest .

  • ansAs your father was 50% owner of said flat . On his death his 50% share would devolve among 6 legal heirs. You can transfer property in your name on receipt of relinquishment deed from legal heirs . apply to society for transfer of father 50% share in your name . Then sell the flat and give other legal heirs their share in the sale proceeds.
    You are entitled to beside your half share, a 1/7 share in rest of property. You can take release deed in your favor from other LRs , get the property mutated in your name and sell it.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi, I have purchased a property from a Gurgaon builder (for total value 95 crores)…
Hello Sir, We have an issue with walk road to my land.Basically if want to…

My grandmother a owner of 30 cents property in kottara Mangalore comes under the Aliyasantana…

hello sir, i am mouna, my father is having a property in his name now…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly