distribution of fathers property-between legal heirs
I have a matter of distribution of my property. I purchased a flat in Delhi 2005 along with my father. So I'm first owner and father second owner. My father passed away last year but now I want to sell my flat and my family members want share of property, so how it can be divided. We are two brothers and three sisters, and mother. Please suggest .
As your father was 50% owner of said flat . On his death his 50% share would devolve among 6 legal heirs. You can transfer property in your name on receipt of relinquishment deed from legal heirs . apply to society for transfer of father 50% share in your name . Then sell the flat and give other legal heirs their share in the sale proceeds.
You are entitled to beside your half share, a 1/7 share in rest of property. You can take release deed in your favor from other LRs , get the property mutated in your name and sell it.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Sister's share in my father's property ?
- Procedure for father to get share in his grand father's property?
- Insurance company is not ready to insure me what to do.
- What would happen if developer used or gave my website code to someone
- Landlord denied NOC for passport verification report what can I do