quesDispute of property

I have a property under my parent's names who have passed away. I have applied for the mutation and transfer of property in my name. I have the land allotment papers and receipt under my parents names. Someone who is trying to grab the property says he has an affidavit of agreement from my mother selling the land to him. The original papers of the land is still with me. I know he is a fraudster trying to grab the land because my mother has never sold the property to anyone. I just want to know in legal terms if it is possible for whatever affidavit he has to be legal without the original papers of the land.

• ansMere affidavit has no value. Sale of property has to be by registered sale deed, in addition consideration ought to have been received by your mother for sale of said property. On basis of the death certificate of your parents apply for mutation of property in your name notice will be issued to all legal heirs if any. In case, no objection is received property would be mutated in your name.