disposing of mothers property- left without will
Hello Everyone, My mother recently died without WILL survived by me (Only child) and my father. My mother was the sole owner of the house. My question is: 1) I want to sell the property do i have to transfer the ownership to my father by giving NOC from my side e.g i have no interest in the property and father can sold this property? If yes what is the procedure and how much time it will take.Property is in delhi. Their is no dispute as im the only child Thanks
In absence of will, you have to obtain succession certificate from court in favor of all legal heirs, which in your case are you and your father. Now, you can relinquish your rights by making an affidavit in favor of your father if you do not want any share in you mother's property. It might take 4-6 months in the court.
Only then your mother's property can be transferred in name of your father after that you can sell it.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- procedure to file Insolvency when bankrupt and jobless
- Who gets share in grandfather's property if we have step brothers
- Cheque Bounce Joint Memo what to do
- Can my wife file a false case u/s 376 even if we are not together?
- Wife not cooperating with family?