quesdisposing of mothers property- left without will

Hello Everyone, My mother recently died without WILL survived by me (Only child) and my father. My mother was the sole owner of the house. My question is: 1) I want to sell the property do i have to transfer the ownership to my father by giving NOC from my side e.g i have no interest in the property and father can sold this property? If yes what is the procedure and how much time it will take.Property is in delhi. Their is no dispute as im the only child Thanks

  • ansIn absence of will, you have to obtain succession certificate from court in favor of all legal heirs, which in your case are you and your father. Now, you can relinquish your rights by making an affidavit in favor of your father if you do not want any share in you mother's property. It might take 4-6 months in the court.

    Only then your mother's property can be transferred in name of your father after that you can sell it.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have one brother and my father is died my brother not given any asset…

My father purchased a flat as super built up area in a complex 10 yrs…
railway land encroachment removal case to be filed in which court for immediate action. plz…
There is land in waranagar area (Agricultural). My cousin grandfathers name is there on that…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly