quesDevelopment agreement with Developer

I have a land as an asset and a developer is interested to develop the same. He says that he would provide us 50% of the constructed area. If by any chance a developer doesn't complete the project due any reason what protection should I keep each circumstance during my agreement.

Can I go to the consumer forum against the developer, since i am taking his service to develop my space? In case he dies half way or after agreement, what is my protection? Should i keep in my development agreement? Looking forward for your valuable feedback.

  • ansYou will have to move to a civil court in this regard. You have entered into a development agreement for development of your plot for commercial purposes. Hence consumer forum won't entertain your complaint. You better enter into a development agreement with the company.

    If the developer is a one man show, you would get stuck as his legal heirs may not be interested in completing the project. In case of company, the project would be continued by the company even if one of the directors die. Get the development agreement drafted by a lawyer.

    Your development Agreement should cover all eventualities including death of the developer.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am the Karta of my HUF situated in Delhi. We all co-parceners have no…
I had a property in Bhavnagar, Gujarat which my uncle got transferred on his name…

mere baba 90 years hai unke pas 28 beegha purkhon ki kheti hai jiske do…

Hello sir I hve one step daughter....me nd my husband dont want to give share…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly