Dealer forcing to sell my property after a call where I discussed deal
Can a deal for selling my property in Neemrana and complaint against me in the Police Station happen with just my telephonic discussion with the property dealer? I booked a flat in Neemrana 2 years back. I wanted to sell it off 6 to 7 months back for and the property consultant did the deal on his own and took an advance from the party as well. I told him I did not want to do the deal as it happened without my consent.
Now the dealer says that I will have to return double the amount he got. Then I got a call from police station saying a complaint has been filed against me and I have to report to the Police Station.
What should I do?
First of all no deal can happen unless you give your consent. Further, the first step actually is to sign a Memorandum of Understanding / Agreement to sell between the parties involved in the transaction. An agreement is made to make sure that none of the parties involved in the transaction change their mind and go back on what has been decided about the transaction.
The agreement should cover the following basic things:
1. Agreed cost of the property between seller and buyer.
2. Advance amount given by the buyer.
3. Time span in which the actual sale should take place.
4. What procedure has to be adopted if any of the parties default on the agreement.
5. How the losses have to be covered if any of the parties default.
6. Particulars of the property.
If no such MOU or agreement to sell, then you have no liability against the dealer.
We suggest you to appear before police officer and state your facts. Furthermore, you can also make a written complaint under Section 420 of Indian Penal Code(IPC).
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- On what grounds can i file for divorce? Am i entitled to alimony?
- Full payment for the products not given by the company how to claim
- how can I get inherited money from India to USA? What tax liability?
- Married daughter share and rights in the pagdi house over the property
- Was in a relationship with a boy his mother threatened and abused me