Dead father's land used by his brothers. Does sons have claim in it?
My father left his house around 50 year back and moved to Delhi, and never visited to his home down (Agra). Now he is no more. His land is being used by their borther.
As a son can we have rights on that land? We are suffering from very bad financial conditions and need urgent legal help.
Of course, you can file a suit for permanent injunction and possession of the said land / property but before filing any case you should inquire the concerned corporation office as to what all documents your uncle has presented on the basis of which he is enjoying peaceful rights of the property.
Your rights to the said land depends on the legal ownership of the same in the concerned corporation office. In case the rights have been transferred to your father's brother, he is legally entitled to enjoy all the rights attached to it. If the property is in the name of your father, you can claim your rights to the same transferred to you by heredity.
We also need clarity on whether this land is an ancestral land or a self acquired property of your father to provide you with further details and advice.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can we legally pay security guard before paying money to their agency?
- non payment of credit card bill unable to pay What can be done
- If I enter into agreement with builder does ownership get transferred?
- How to get the changes made in the Land Title documents ?
- Which court to apply for change of DOB in passport