Daughter in law's share in property.
We have a property in my deceased father's name. Mother is also expired. Recently lost my elder brother also. I have one younger brother. Both of us have our families and living in our father's property. No will was made either by my father or mother. Property was self acquired by my father. My SIL is claiming a part in the property now. What does Christian/India law say about a Christian widow getting a share in FIL's property?
Your sister in law is eligible for 1/3rd share in the property the movement your father died without making will and property will succeed to you and your younger brother and widow of your sister in law she will have a right to claim in the property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How much value of stamp paper should we purchase for power of attorney
- As settlement in laws asking for 30 lacs. What money will court decide
- Consultant asking to pay 6 lakhs for arranging an interview in UK
- Promoter not giving lease agreement
- Builder demanding high amount for NOC bank not giving loan