quesDaughter in law's share in property.

We have a property in my deceased father's name. Mother is also expired. Recently lost my elder brother also. I have one younger brother. Both of us have our families and living in our father's property. No will was made either by my father or mother. Property was self acquired by my father. My SIL is claiming a part in the property now. What does Christian/India law say about a Christian widow getting a share in FIL's property?

  • ansYour sister in law is eligible for 1/3rd share in the property the movement your father died without making will and property will succeed to you and your younger brother and widow of your sister in law she will have a right to claim in the property.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Parents expired Relinquish deed was prepared 3yrs. Back. How should l now protect it from…

Hi Sir/Madam,I own a plot in GUJ.I have built my house in this plot besides…
I had bought a land of 60x40 from my relative( seller) in mysore and it…

My family (mom and dad) lives in a village near gaya. We are dependent on…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly