quesDaughter asking for her share in the property.

Parents has two kids -> 1 Son , 1 Daughter Father purchased 4 acres of Land on his name when both (kids) were minors and he died after that. After few years , Daughter got married and at the time of marriage 1 Acre land and 300 yards plot was given to Daughter (only on words and no paper work) and remaining 3 acres land is shared equally and registered on widow mother and sons name. After 5 years, Daughter has sold 1 Acre land 300 Yards property to third party with the help of widow mother and son.

Now, 10 years later Daughter is asking again for share in 3 acres property. Not sure how Hindu succession law works here. Can you please help me to understand , how son can secure his property now. Also, will widow mother property will be shared equally ?

  • ansBy what instrument of law did the daughter sell 1 acre of land to a third party when the same was legally not transferred to her? As per your own statement of facts, the land given to her at the time of her marriage was not documented, which repentantly means that she had not become the owner of this land.

    Hence, she could not have sold the land of which she was not the owner. Whether any deed/agreement was made between the daughter and her brother and mother? Since the land given to daughter at the time of her marriage was not a transfer of land in the eyes of law she can now claim her share i.e 1/3rd share in the remaining land. Son also has 1/3rd share in the land which he can cull out by filing a case for partition. The widow mother also has an equal share in the property.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My neighbor is a female. She died without making any Will and there is no…

What is the best Remedy for delay in possession by developer / builder and claim…
Property is name of 5 person. 2 person have covered extra area from balance 03.…

Our house in my mother's name and she want to sell it & give off…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly