Covered car parking dispute
I have purchased and taken possession of an Apartment from reputed builder in Chennai. I have paid separately for two car parks and are mentioned as covered car parking in the agreement where as upon possession, it is realized that there is an OTS opening above the car parks and has the potential for objects falling as there are windows along the wall above. The builder is not agreeing to cover the opening above the car parking. As per agreement the dispute has to be resolved with Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1968. What is the remedy available?
As mentioned by you the agreement specifically provides for dispute resolution through arbitration. In that case you must give a notice to the other side to initiate arbitration proceedings. There may be either one arbitrator as mutually decided by both the parties. Or there could be three arbitrators (panel). Once the panel is formed, the panel will determine its procedure, and as per the procedure go ahead with the dispute. Both the parties will be given hearing and will be required to submit their respective claims. Thereafter the panel will give its award which will be binding upon both the parties.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Am I liable to pay bond money
- What is the procedure to file for divorce if living separately
- How to calculate the stamp duty for filing a case?
- Can elder sister ask for house Willed in younger sister's name
- Cheating for 12 lakhs and sex on the pretex of false marriage