quescousin sold grandmother's property 6 years ago - how to get back now

Grandmother's property sold out by my cousin without informing me and he did this 5 to 6 yrs before and i came to know about this recently? Grandmother died 50 yrs ago and if one questions him about my share .. he is showing some fake "power of attorney doc " we don't have documents but some how he created them and sold that land ... My question here is .. as he sold it almost 6 yrs back and after that we don't know really till now it got registered onto multiple parties or not. What should we do?

• ansIf your grandmother died , the property will devolve to all legal heir i.e your father's brother and their sister. So, your cousins have no power to sell the property without the consent of all legal heir and the sale stands void,

You should firstly go and check in the registrar office whether property is registered or not, Thereafter we suggest you to file  a suit for declaration,  and challenging the sale to be void and suit for eviction. Alongwith this suit also file an application for temporary injunction thereby seeking status quo on the said property.

Status quo herein refers to that the owner cannot sell or make any construction in the property.

You should firstly go and check in the registrar office whether property is registered or not, Thereafter we suggest you to file a suit for declaration, and challenging the sale to be void and suit for eviction. Alongwith this suit also file an application for temporary injunction thereby seeking status quo on the said property. Status quo herein refers to that the owner cannot sell or make any construction in the property

• ansYour query cannot be solved without other facts of the property ,kindly take a personal appointment to get correct advice .

Advocate Ritesh Isaac

Bengali Market, Delhi

• ansSuit for cancellation of Sale documents shall lie.

Advocate Ashima Puri

Saket District Court, Delhi