Conversion of agricultural land into a non - agro.
I had leased a property to an Oil Company in response to an advertisement in a news paper asking for land to set up a petrol pump for 30 years with an option of a renewal of another 30 years. The land given on lease is an agricultural land which was not converted to non-agriculture and at the same time the status of the land has not been changed to petrol pump. The oil company has obtained licenses from all the license issuing authority without going through the above land conversion which is mandatory in West Bengal land reform act.
For this above omission of mandatory procedure of land reform will the land lord who leased the land to oil co. be liable on his part or will the oil company be held responsible for the omission as they are the ones who are setting up a petrol pump on a land taken on lease and they are the ones who had to obtain all Non-objection certificates , licenses to install the pump and start the sales of Diesel and petrol.
It will depend on the provision made in this regard in the lease deed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- when and how defendant can file a written statement
- re-marriage after divorce
- Wife filed false dowry case what action can I take
- Vacation interim order passed by Andhra High Court what can be done
- Property division between the brothers who decide the share