quesColony residents opposing contruction of extra floor

We have a land in Pune where we are planning to construct our house. We are planning to construct two floors, one for my parents and one for me. We've even taken permission from the authorities for the same. But there are some people in the colony complaining about the construction happening and they are saying that they will lodge a complaint to the authorities for the same. According to them, we are making use of more than the allotted area which is not true. Now they are asking us for money so as to avoid them to lodge the complaint. What can we do now?

  • ansBased on assumption that you are the absolute owner of the said land, if the permission has been granted by the said authorities, then you can construct the additional floor. If you the construction is not exceeding the permitted area then you should not fear.

    As far as the ransom money demands by the people are concerned, you can file a police complaint against them.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dear Sir, I would like to know whether there is any provision in law that…
I have been mentally abused by two of my neighbours almost daily. I have installed…
Our house is under the ownership of my mother and father..but my parents are living…
Sir I am ankit from Jaipur and I have a school. We were 3 partners…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly