Claiming of property title through Indemnity Bond.
X has purchased a property from Y. X asks for an INDEMNITY BOND from Y to indemnify for any claims related to the title of the property. Is this valid and can X claim from Y if some third party disputes the title of the property in a court of law.
Yes, it is valid. Indemnity bond is generally insisted upon to safeguard interests of the purchaser. Since purchaser has paid consideration for purchase of property he needs to safeguard his interests against any claims made by third party.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to retain possession of property after expiry of rent agreement
- I received without prejudice letter after 2 yrs of Credit card default
- documents not available with MRO. Case is pending. What to do?
- Investing in a land in gaon sabha.
- Average time for resolution of Cheque Bounce Case