Cheated by relative into signing relinquishment deed. Can i challenge?
My mother and my sister cheated with me and got a relinquishment deed signed by me unknowingly. I was out of Delhi and was called in 2006 to sign some papers to submit a property tax for a property inherited by me, my sister and my mother jointly after my father’s death.
Later, it was sold by my mother and a new property bought in my sister’s name. Now can I challenge this fraud after 8 years or is it time bound. What other options do I have to get back my share in the property?
Yes, you can challenge the validity of the Relinquishment deed.
Firstly, register a complaint against them in the nearest Police Station for the offence of cheating under the Indian Penal Code.
Thereafter, file a partition suit claiming your share in the property which was sold by getting your signatures on the relinquishment deed. You shall have to adduce evidence to show that you were not aware about the deed while signing it and that your mother and sister have committed a fraud and cheated you into signing the said deed. If there is sufficient evidence, then you shall succeed.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Difference in the area mentioned in sale deed and physically
- Never promised to marry. Girl threatening to file case under 376.
- Does a divorced mother have a right in Ex-Serviceman pension
- DDO (office head) doing illegal recovery from my salary
- Can person file sexual harassment case for sending message in a group