Car sold without giving proper documents.
I recently sold my used car to a person. He gave me a "Delivery Receipt" and said that we will get a photocopy of new RC in 15-20 days. Which will act as a proof that the vehicle ownership has been transferred. Now it has been over a month, and he has stopped taking my calls. We have a photocopy of his ID Proof and all the documents of car. What sort of legal action can we take to ensure that the ownership is transferred?
You can do all these, but what if in between your car is used in any criminal activity, since you are still registered as its law full owner, kindly inform this in writing to a police station of your area along with the relevant documents and give a public notice of this also as soon as possible,as you never know when you get in trouble.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Husband doesn't want to stay with. I don't want to divorce him.
- Wife files case u/s 125 crpc, how to avoid maintenance ?
- Can Landlord retain the advance paid towards Rent by Tenant
- legality of death certificates death issued u/r 9 wb regd of birth
- Property seizure by LIC because of non-payment of money, please advise