quesCan younger brother claim share in property purchased by elder brother

Few years back I had purchased a flat in Mumbai in my name when I was posted there. Can my younger brothers ask for their shares in that flat? They had not given any financial help in purchasing the flat.

  • ans

    It is your self acquired property, hence your younger brother cannot ask for share in the said property.

  • anssir, the answre to your query is no. if you had purchased the flat from ancestral income then and then only your brother can claim the share but if thgis flat is from your own self f earned property then you and only you will have the right, title share over the said property no other claim their share into that.

    Advocate Sagar Kothari

      District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hello, i was entered into an agreement of buying a floor in shalimarbagh, Delhi. on…
I have a government land where my family is residing from 1958. we paid all…
Our society is going for redevelopment and the redevelopment committee and the society Secretary Chairman…

I have paid Rs. 275000 to a person to buy a plot 4 years ago. He…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Ekta Mehta

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly