quesCan we get share in grandfather property if our parents are divorced?

What is my right in my father and grandfather’s property? Basically, my father is staying separately from us. He does not have a good behavior towards our mother.

My grandfather also favors our father. What will happen to our share if our mother files for divorce? We are supporting our mother to take divorce.

If my father and grandfather deny us share in the property, what can we do legally?

  • ans

    Assuming you are Hindus,

    Your situation is complex. After reading your query, our inference of your situation is that,

    Firstly your mother should file for divorce under section 13(1) (ia) of the Hindu Marriage act which deals with cruelty. Cruelty under the act includes mental and physical cruelty.

    Now regarding you and your mother’s share in the property,

    We need to get a bit more clarity to give you proper advice.

    We would like to know if your father’s property is self acquired or ancestral.

    Your grandfather’s property is it ancestral or self acquired? 

    Only after you put light on the above questions we can guide you.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Since 2005-2006, the land has been taken over by someone illegally and he has been…
my father is recently taken to attar road jail because he recently will to beat…
I have a government land where my family is residing from 1958. we paid all…
I am looking forward to get a Loan from my local Bank for the Purchase…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly
View in App
Get Upto 40% Off