quesCan the developer change the plan

We have booked a flat in society which is being re-developed. The construction was stopped for about 2 years and now as per new DCR 1991 amendment, the society was given permission to restart construction. I had paid the initial 20% amount as per the chargeable area ( super built up). Now the builder has changed the plan without our consent which has resulted in the increase in the carpet area. Also location of the flat which was agreed to us has changed.Now the builder is asking us to pay additional money since the carpet area has increased. The builder has cited the following reasons for the same - 1. Change in DCR 1991 and ministry of environment and forest regulations.2. Regulation for providing recreation ground as per supreme court ruling. We would now like to know why should we pay for additional carpet as we have already paid as per super built up ( chargeable area). Since the location of the flat has changed without our consent, should we ask builder to compensate us appropriately?

  • ans The builder may change the Plan to suit the govt rules and regulations for which your prior permission may not be required. 2. If you are getting more area than the agreed area then you are bound to make extra payments. 3. You can be expected to get more area in lieu of lesser money. 4. Your only area of remedy lies in change of location which the builder can not do and for this you may file case in consumer forum.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

we r from shopping centre 140 shops.. residancial terrace is above all shops head.. they…
Hi, I am Harihar singh, Sasaram, Bihar. My age is 63 years old. i am…
My father bought a small hutment which was under SRA scheme in 1979. Since my…

we are three brother & three sisters.Among brothers I hold middle position.we all are married.…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly