Can sale agreement be cancelled after property's registration?
I purchased a property and got registered on may 2006 in partnership. The property in partnership was in ratio 55% of mine and 45% of my partner. The partner had purchased from his wife. Can the wife and husband sue for cancelliation of sale aggrement in the court in april 2014?
There is no written agreement between us for the same.
Yes, they can sue you for cancellation of the sale agreement on various grounds. However, as you had purchased the property way back in 2006 and got it registered in your and your partner's name, that means 8 years have already elapsed, thus, it is barred by the Limitation Act.
If they do it now then the onus is on your partner and his wife to give satisfactory reasons to the court as to why the condonation should be given to them for the delay in filing the cancellation.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Bank not honoring consumer court ruling. Where to complain about it?
- Girlfriend married with someone else can she marry me as well?
- How to get mutual divorce within 5 months of marriage
- will wife have right to stay in husband house after divorce is filed?
- Joint property sold sister received money now denying it