×

quesCan sale agreement be cancelled after property's registration?

I purchased a property and got registered on may 2006 in partnership. The property in partnership was in ratio 55% of mine and 45% of my partner. The partner had purchased from his wife. Can the wife and husband sue for cancelliation of sale aggrement in the court in april 2014?

There is no written agreement between us for the same.

Yes, they can sue you for cancellation of the sale agreement on various grounds. However, as you had purchased the property way back in 2006 and got it registered in your and your partner's name, that means 8 years have already elapsed, thus, it is barred by the Limitation Act.

If they do it now then the onus is on your partner and his wife to give satisfactory reasons to the court as to why the condonation should be given to them for the delay in filing the cancellation.