quesCan sale agreement be cancelled after property's registration?

I purchased a property and got registered on may 2006 in partnership. The property in partnership was in ratio 55% of mine and 45% of my partner. The partner had purchased from his wife. Can the wife and husband sue for cancelliation of sale aggrement in the court in april 2014?


There is no written agreement between us for the same.


  • ans


    Yes, they can sue you for cancellation of the sale agreement on various grounds. However, as you had purchased the property way back in 2006 and got it registered in your and your partner's name, that means 8 years have already elapsed, thus, it is barred by the Limitation Act.


    If they do it now then the onus is on your partner and his wife to give satisfactory reasons to the court as to why the condonation should be given to them for the delay in filing the cancellation.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir my father gave me his property through a Will. I have now got the…
I have paid about Rs.17 lakhs in 2012 to a builder who promised to give…
I had advanced through an agreement a sum of 500000 to one of my uncle…

the property is HRA and agreement is notarised by builder. society completing 10 years. should…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly