quesCan relatives throw us out from my grandmother's property?

I along with my mother live in a house which legally is owned by my grand mother (father's mother), as my father is posted in a different state. However my uncles (2 taujis), my grandmother and my aunt along with her husband (bua & phupha) goes on mentally harassing us.


It's been more than 10 years that we are living here. Is there a way to put an end to this nuisance? We have no freedom to do anything. Everytime they would go on poking their nose in our matter.


And they also threaten us saying they will throw us out of the home. Please help


  • ans


    First of all, you will have to specify whether the property is ancestral or is a self acquired property of your grandmother.


    If the property is ancestral then you have a legal right to claim your share. Assuming that you are a Hindu, the division of property or partition will be governed by the Hindu Succession Act, 1956. As per the said act, you can file a suit of partition and application of injunction whereby seeking relief against all of your relatives for interfering in the right to enjoyment of property.


    In case it is a self acquired property of your grandmother, then your grandmother has the right to dispose of her property as she wishes to and you will have no right on the property. Under such circumstances, the owner of the property, who is your grandmother can do whatever she wants to do.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

This is in regard to the feedback as obtained in respect to my query by…
My grandfather and youngest unmarried aunt (total of 4 siblings) jointly owned a residential property…
I am going to lease a house in Mysore for around @12 lakhs. My question…
My husband died recently. He had one flat on his name. My in laws are…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly