Can property be claimed after death?
My father sold his property and gave equal shares to each of his children. He bought a flat with his share and I with mine in the same city. Later due to the ill health of my mother we both decided to sell our place and buy a single home. The new house was in my father's name under a power of attorney. My mother died and my father decided to sell off the place and move to another place. He received the initial advance and decided the rest to be accommodated against our new home. Later my father also passed away after signing the full and final agreement. Now my sister is claiming her share. Can she do that?
IN the absence of will, your sister shall have right in property, which presently stands in the name of your father.
Work around though difficult may be found, though legal advice of good lawyer.
Advocate Vivek NasaGurgaon District Court, Gurgaon
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- All employee thinking to resign 4 month salary not paid is it feasible
- If mother in law co owner in flat can husband cousins claim share
- Visa processing delayed due to delay by bank what can be done
- Procedure and guidelines for divorce
- How to obtain a legal guardian certificate