quesCan property be claimed after death?

My father sold his property and gave equal shares to each of his children. He bought a flat with his share and I with mine in the same city. Later due to the ill health of my mother we both decided to sell our place and buy a single home. The new house was in my father's name under a power of attorney. My mother died and my father decided to sell off the place and move to another place. He received the initial advance and decided the rest to be accommodated against our new home. Later my father also passed away after signing the full and final agreement. Now my sister is claiming her share. Can she do that?

  • ansIN the absence of will, your sister shall have right in property, which presently stands in the name of your father.

    Work around though difficult may be found, though legal advice of good lawyer.

    Advocate Vivek Nasa

      Gurgaon District Court, Gurgaon

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

What is the procedure to convert a leasehold property to a freehold property?
We had some property which was acquired by HUDA in 1992. We haven't received any…
I have 3 rooms in a building in Burrabazar (Kolkata) which is under Calcutta High…
A property belong to son and his wife. Can the son gift half of his…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly