quesCan my father sale flat without son's consent

Dear Sir, I am 35 year old male living at Mumbai Borivali with my father and small brother. Flat is in my father's name but the sales deed is in the name of my grandmother's name. He is harassing me for various reasons that are not so valid. telling me that he will sale the flat/ kick me out of the house. I and my small brother are only the person who is earning. He is retired person. Please help me by advising me what to do.

  • ans

    Assuming that you are Hindu and the property is your father's self acquired property, you cannot claim any rights on your father's property till he is alive but he is responsible to maintain your brother and you if either or both of you below 18 years of age. 


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi, we have three member in family me my father and my aunt (father sister…
We both husband and wife got separate scheme allotment through MHADA lottery. MHADA officials issued…

Husband wants to transfer his flat in his spouses name as a parting gift in…

A person has built a concrete house on part of property which belongs to my…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly