Can mother's sister have share in mother's property?
My mother is handicapped and her sisters want her property. For that they were having my mother's signs in front of judge of Civil Court. Because she was in pressure she signed that staement in which all the sisters are cosharer in her property. Now my father is dead and we don't have any house to live in.
My mother's sisters have not agreed to give sufficient money to us to live our life easily. What should I do? Please help me.
Disputing a document signed in the Court is difficult and you need to have a strong and cogent piece of evidence for the same. It is important as to when did she first resist to the papers that were signed by your mother. Moreover, it is also essential as to what was the pressure under which your mother signed the papers. If you are able to show sufficient cause as to the reasons / pressure for signing the paper, then the Court may consider your plea.
You have stated that your mother is handicapped. This can also be mentioned as an additional ground seeking relief from the Court.
You can file a suit for declaration of title, interest and recovery of possession (in case they are staying in the property) and there you can adduce evidence as to prove that the document was signed under coercion.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- I am being tortured/abused by manager What action can I take
- what happens if plot sanction is cancelled by BDA
- Join property one member not giving NOC how to get the property
- Challenge to a mother will to transfer her deceased property to son
- Paid lumpsum after mutual divorce can she again ask for maintenance