Can mother refuse to divide the property equally among children
A grand mother has 2 sons and a daughter. Younger son named Mr.X got married and he has 2 sons Mr.A & Mr.B . Mr.X is passed away. Now, Mr.A & Mr.B are living with this grand mother. Elder Son Mr.Y is still unmarried and resides with this grand mother. Daughter Mrs.Z is married, and she has a son and a daughter. Now, grand mother is refusing to distribute her properties equally to Mr.X, Mr.Y and Mrs.Z. She is planning to give the property only to the 2 sons of Mr.X. Please suggest, whether there is any option for Mr.Y and Mrs.Z to get their properties from their mother.
If the property is ancestral then only Y and Z has right. If the property is self acquired property of that old lady then y and z has no right at all. If she dies without any execution of documents then also y and z can get property
Advocate MK Gururaja RaoKurnool, Yemmiganur
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- If accused is ready to pay penalty what are the outcome
- How to handover DKT land to government
- Court marriage called off a day before the date and before the weddi
- Company made public offer afterwards refusing to give the same
- Husband torchures and forces to get physical with his freinds