quesCan mother refuse to divide the property equally among children

A grand mother has 2 sons and a daughter. Younger son named Mr.X got married and he has 2 sons Mr.A & Mr.B . Mr.X is passed away. Now, Mr.A & Mr.B are living with this grand mother. Elder Son Mr.Y is still unmarried and resides with this grand mother. Daughter Mrs.Z is married, and she has a son and a daughter. Now, grand mother is refusing to distribute her properties equally to Mr.X, Mr.Y and Mrs.Z. She is planning to give the property only to the 2 sons of Mr.X. Please suggest, whether there is any option for Mr.Y and Mrs.Z to get their properties from their mother.

  • ansIf the property is ancestral then only Y and Z has right. If the property is self acquired property of that old lady then y and z has no right at all. If she dies without any execution of documents then also y and z can get property

    Advocate MK Gururaja Rao

      Kurnool, Yemmiganur

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My father has left a land in tamil nadu,a flat in Mumbai(transferred in mothers name).And…
about 10 years before my Brother-in-Law purchased a plot of about 200 mtrs from the…
Hello I own a flat. I purchased it 4 years before. I want to sell…
sir,i had purchased a property in varanasi from shri sai baba company creating a township…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly