quesCan late brother's wife Will late brother's property to someone else?

Can a female Hindu in Delhi who is issueless and has inherited business and properties of her late husband in delhi make an unregistered will in favour of her brother and another unregistered will in favour of her sister by which she has given whole inherited business to her brother and inherited movable properties to her sister?


On demise of female when these 2 unregistered wills exist, can the brother of the late husband claim right in business and immovable properties ?

  • ans

    If the properties and / or business were self acquired properties of the husband of the female hindu in question, then yes, she can definately bequeth the same according to her wishes.


    Further, even if the properties were not the self acquired properties of the husband and were ancestral, then it seems the properties were already partitioned and his brother would have got a share in it.


    However, it is better to execute a single will rather than two diffrent wills, even though you may or may not get the same registered. The will which is duly registered is obviously on a better footing than the unregistered will.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My dad and mom owned a property in equal share. My mom died intestate, leaving…

I have recently paid bayana to the seller and i need a loan to buy…
Kindly clarify the legal status and meaning of following observation of a decree of high…
My mother has expired,she has 3brothers,my mother's both parents are alive.my question is, do I…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly