can illegal occupant claim legal occupancy if not paying land revenue?
I am having Ancestral property with joint occupants in a village. they call it wada land. The Problem started when I inquired about records in the panchayat. Occupants who have their names in Hakka patra were already allocated their share, but their names still reflect in records of rights. Panchayat and Reg. office failed to give any records beyond 2008. Names still reflect in entire holding. They even do not pay their share of land revenue and not accepted notice. can they claim legal occupancy if not paying land revenue? Show way ahead for removal of names and recovery of money paid by us
We suggest you to file a suit for partition thereby demanding your share of land and also file an application for temporary injunction thereby seeking status quo on the land which means that they cannot sell the land. Further, till the suit is decided move an application before the same court, wherein you should mention that till the suit is decided all the joint occupants are liable to pay all taxes pertaining to the land. Till the suit is decided you cannot recover the money, on final decision from court you can recover the money paid to land revenue department
Further, send the a letter to land revenue department thereby informing them about the said suit.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Regarding punishment or acquittal of the convicts from the court
- how can a father do property transfer to daughter in law?
- Inheritance law regarding daughters
- Bank threatening to put legal notice in society for 2 bounced emi
- Daughter in laws right in mother in law's self earned porperty