Can i stop my elder brother from selling the land
my grandfather had 20 acres of land and my mother is the only daughter for him. v r 3 brothers, i'm the younger one. My grandfather adopted my elder brother and put 14 acres of farm land in his name and rest 6 acres jointly for all of us 3 brothers
now my elder brother wants to sell the land to third party
can v stop him ??
Hi sir/madam, yours grand father's property is amounts to ancestral property of yours, you are entitled to get your share entire 20 Acres of land as grand son-legal heir of your grand father. Your elder brother adopted son of your grand father, is not a bar to get your share in the said ancestral property for your respective share. Your elder brother has no right to sell the said property without consent yours. you can stop the said sale to third party by filing civil suit for permanent injunction for not to alienate to anybody before jurisdictional civil court.
Advocate Chandrashekhar Vithal JadhavKamakshipalya, Bangalore
Once your grandfather adopted your elder brother as his son, and then put 14 acres into his name, then the remaining 6 acres in joint names, if the elder brother now wants to sell his portion of land you cannot object to it as it is his individual property, obtained by him as the son.
However if in the 6 acres if your brother wants to make a sale, this can be objected by the other co-owners.
Advocate Kiran N MurthyIndiranagar, Bangalore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Bonded labour as I signed a training agreement with a MNC for 2 years?
- loan given to a friend but cannot file case as don't have address
- Kids want to stay with me. If husband files custody, who will get them
- How to disown daughter in law and son from our property
- Got summons as I didn't attend the court dates i am the complainant