quesCan i stop my elder brother from selling the land

my grandfather had 20 acres of land and my mother is the only daughter for him. v r 3 brothers, i'm the younger one. My grandfather adopted my elder brother and put 14 acres of farm land in his name and rest 6 acres jointly for all of us 3 brothers
now my elder brother wants to sell the land to third party
can v stop him ??

  • ansHi sir/madam, yours grand father's property is amounts to ancestral property of yours, you are entitled to get your share entire 20 Acres of land as grand son-legal heir of your grand father. Your elder brother adopted son of your grand father, is not a bar to get your share in the said ancestral property for your respective share. Your elder brother has no right to sell the said property without consent yours. you can stop the said sale to third party by filing civil suit for permanent injunction for not to alienate to anybody before jurisdictional civil court.

    Advocate Chandrashekhar Vithal Jadhav

      Kamakshipalya, Bangalore

  • ansOnce your grandfather adopted your elder brother as his son, and then put 14 acres into his name, then the remaining 6 acres in joint names, if the elder brother now wants to sell his portion of land you cannot object to it as it is his individual property, obtained by him as the son.
    However if in the 6 acres if your brother wants to make a sale, this can be objected by the other co-owners.

    Advocate Kiran N Murthy

      Indiranagar, Bangalore

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

When an interim order passed by a court dealing with property matter is that both…

My father purchased a house on his own name. There is power of attorney of…
bihar mai hai land . mere grandfather ke naam se ek land hai unho ne…

Hi Sir, my father brought 2 acres of land 20 years ago with an swadeenapu…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly