Can i give my mother my share in father's property?
My father owned a house on his name. He expired and did not write any will. So, It got shared by 4 legal heirs (my mom and 3 sons). I am planning to give my share to my mom and i don't need my share. After writing off, Does my mom can sell my share on that property without any issue? I have a son of 4 years old. If i write off my share to my mom, Does my son has the rights on his grandpa's(my father's) property in future?
You can execute and register a Relinquishment Deed duly relinquishing the title of your share of the property in favor of your mother.
You can also execute and register a Gift Deed for gifting your share of the said property in favor of your mother.
Yes, after acquiring the right, title & interest of your share of the property, she can sell the same to anybody but before that she has to offer it first to her another son who is also having a share in the said property, at the same price she is getting from others, as pre-emption,
No. since it is the self acquired property of your grandfather, your son will have no right on it after you have conveyed the title of your share of it to your mother.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Do I need to purchase property after selling one
- My mentally retarded brother damaged my neighbors car what can we do
- Took personal loan but was unable to pay after few months
- can i file criminal FIR against landlord, he is not refunding security
- Can a chit fund company ask for a blank cheque is this legal?