Can I file an appeal for a recovery case that i lost 12 years ago?
Can I file an appeal for a recovery case that I lost 12 years ago? I was cheated in a property deal and lost the case 12 years ago wherein I later filed a 420 cheating case that is going on in the Saket court. I want to also appeal for the recovery case that I lost 12 years ago.
What is the scope of mediation is such a situation?
With respect to the cheating case, Section 420 is a compoundable offence and therefore if the parties can reach to a settlement, the same can be presented before the Court and the case can be withdrawn.
With respect to the appeal from the recovery suit, no you cannot file an appeal after a delay of 12 years. As per the Limitation Act the appeal has to be filed within 30 days.
The courts condone the delay only when sufficient cause for the delay is shown. However the delay is of 12 years which the Court would most likely not allow.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Builder not handing over possession of the flat what can be done
- How to recover money lent to a friend
- Child living with grandmother from birth now the mother taken custody
- Is payment of e stamp legally enforceable
- How to get husband's job on compassion ground? In laws not cooperating