quesCan I file an appeal for a recovery case that i lost 12 years ago?

Can I file an appeal for a recovery case that I lost 12 years ago? I was cheated in a property deal and lost the case 12 years ago wherein I later filed a 420 cheating case that is going on in the Saket court. I want to also appeal for the recovery case that I lost 12 years ago.


What is the scope of mediation is such a situation?


  • ans


    With respect to the cheating case, Section 420 is a compoundable offence and therefore if the parties can reach to a settlement, the same can be presented before the Court and the case can be withdrawn.


    With respect to the appeal from the recovery suit, no you cannot file an appeal after a delay of 12 years. As per the Limitation Act the appeal has to be filed within 30 days.


    The courts condone the delay only when sufficient cause for the delay is shown. However the delay is of 12 years which the Court would most likely not allow.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

The property is in name of grandma.4 were there.3 sons 1 daughter.1 brother went separately…
Sir My fathers has 3 big brothers and they have done case on each other…
Sir My wife has purchased a property for 50 lakh on the mutual understanding with…

How can I ensure that my partner does not break the contact and fulfils his…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly