quesCan i delay partition of father's FD's to safeguard brother?

My father expired in 2009. We are 2 brothers. Our mother is also dead. My father had some fixed deposits in banks. In few of them i was the nominee and in some no one was named as nominee. Now my cousin brother is influencing my real brother to take his share from the FD's and give it to him. Is there anyway i can safeguard him by not giving him money?

  • ans

    In the FD in which you are a nominee, you will get full share but in case of FD’s  where there is  no nominee, you will have to apply for succession certificate and thereafter apply for FD.

    Since there is no nominee nor a Will, the FD will devolve equally among all legal heir .

  • ansYou can make representation to bank, not to release the FD without your consent as you are also the legal heir of you dec was d father.

    If he unilaterally approches the bank, then they will not allow him to withdraw FD without your consent.

    Advocate Sandeep Hegde

      Rajajinagar, Bangalore

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir, we have ancestral property in Telangana state. its more than 100 years old. my…
Sir I have booked a apartment. The Sale agreement date is 17-6-2015. The agreement not…
My father does not want to give any share in my grandfather's property and want…
Agar mere pita ji ne wasiyat mere naam ki hai or usme kise ka koi…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly
View in App
Get Upto 40% Off