can i claim my share in a gift deed?
my father(late) has gifted a property to my brother through registrered gift deed without my knowledge and which was purchased by selling the property of my grandfather. Can i claim share in that property now?
see sir we have to see, why your father gifted property to your brother by ignore your interest. what was your father health condition at the time of gifted and other circumstances, than sure you can claim over the gifted property.
Advocate Shashikumar KCunningham Road, Bangalore
Two things must be made clear, first at the time of sale of the property of your grandfather were you a minor, and if not had your father taken your consent/signature in order to sell the property, if not then the subsequent gift made by your father in favour of your brother can be questioned in a court of law and sought to be quashed or set aside, alternatively you could ask for a share in the gifted property as well.
Advocate Kiran N MurthyIndiranagar, Bangalore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Elder uncle took over business fraudulently What action can be taken
- Property size not as promised. What action can I take against builder?
- What is the procedure to change name
- How to recover pending salaries from corporate company
- How can we make the developer to complete the pending work