quesCan i ask my share in my grandfather's property in uncle's possession?

Can I demand for a share in my grandfather’s property from my uncle on my mother’s behalf? My mother is no more. After my grandfather’s demise, the property was split up between the remaining children.


Will I be given a share from this property if I ask for it?


  • ans


    First note that in order to clarify your doubts with regard to nature of the property in question if it is Ancestral Hindu Family Property or Self Acquired Property of your Grand Father. 


    If the property of the grand father was his self acquired property then this property shall devolve to all his legal heir, if he died intestate i.e. no testamentary document such as 'will' exist with regard to the property made by him during his life time then property will be divided among the legal heir.


    If the property is ancestral property then you have a legal right to claim your share. Assuming you are a Hindu, the division of property or partition will be governed by Hindu  Succession Act, 1956. As per the said act, you can file a suit of partition and application of injunction whereby seeking relief against all of them for interfering in right to enjoyment of property share in the ancestral property or even use this property for the purpose of family benefits only & not for his personal purpose. 


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hello sir , I have land. But we are unable to indentyfy that.. I got…
Sir, my grandmother has a property and died without any will. She got 4 sons…
I have a house. and I live in different city. I suspect that my brother…
My grandfather bought the propery with his retirement money.my grandmother gave the property to my…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly