quesCan i add my father's name in the property as he is paying 20 lacs?

I am buying a property in Bangalore. We made agreement with the builder in my and husband's name. I want to add my father's name in the ownership. He is refusing to do so. Can i anyhow add his name somewhere as he is giving me 20 lacs?

  • ans

    If the agreement is already executed then it is difficult to make the amendment unless you make an addendum to the agreement.

    It is on the parties to decide mutually , when the name can be incorporated. If builder is refusing then you have no option because an MOU between the parties has already been executed. 

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My family settled in Ahmedabad for last 50-60 years. My great grandfather ran away from…

My grandfather named my father and his younger son in his will.Now that his younger…
Subject : How to add my name in Property Card after my father's death ?…
Dear Sir, My Grandfather had a 2 Marriages. From 1st wife my father was born…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly