×

quesCan father sell ancestral property w/o children consent

Can a father sell his ancestral property without permission of his children? If yes, what are the options for selling the ancestral property? After what age children cannot claim on ancestral property?

• ansFather cannot sell the entire ancestral property till the consent of all the share holders in the property has been obtained.

In order to stop him from selling the ancestral property his children may move the District Court and seek a stay order against the sale.

As per limitation act, 3 years is the time limit for children to challenge the sale of ancestral property.