Can father sell ancestral property w/o children consent
Can a father sell his ancestral property without permission of his children? If yes, what are the options for selling the ancestral property? After what age children cannot claim on ancestral property?
Father cannot sell the entire ancestral property till the consent of all the share holders in the property has been obtained.
In order to stop him from selling the ancestral property his children may move the District Court and seek a stay order against the sale.
As per limitation act, 3 years is the time limit for children to challenge the sale of ancestral property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the procedure for correction of name in certificates
- Case of physical assault by member of same family what action possible
- 498A case filed. Now compromise. How to quash FIR?
- Compensation for Govt. occupied land
- Can brothers divide father's property w/o married sister's consent?