quesCan father ask for money and property back after giving it willingly?

My father sold his self acquired property in 2011. We are 2 brothers and 1 sister and all are married. Earlier, my father and myself were living jointly. My younger brother separated from us after 1 1/2 year of his marriage.


My father gave major share to me by way of cheque in my name. From that funds, I bought a property in joint name - myself & my wife. We also have a property jointly in my name and in name of my father for which he made all payment to the seller.


Now, In December 2013 due to some differences between us, he is staying with my sister and younger brother. Now he wants all his payment and property back. Can he legally ask for it?


  • ans


    Yes, he can ask for the money he gave you. As he gave you the money by cheque, he can easily show that he had lent that money to you.


    Regarding your second query, you can make a claim in that property only if, you can show that you also made some sorts of contribution in that property. 


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Respected sir, My grandfather has 3 sons and 4 daughters, he expired in the year…

I am the only son with two sisters We were unable to find his will…

Is it OK to buy a plot of land with a power of attorney.

I wanted to sell an agricultural piece of land located in Bihar. That land belongs…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly