Can father ask for money and property back after giving it willingly?
My father sold his self acquired property in 2011. We are 2 brothers and 1 sister and all are married. Earlier, my father and myself were living jointly. My younger brother separated from us after 1 1/2 year of his marriage.
My father gave major share to me by way of cheque in my name. From that funds, I bought a property in joint name - myself & my wife. We also have a property jointly in my name and in name of my father for which he made all payment to the seller.
Now, In December 2013 due to some differences between us, he is staying with my sister and younger brother. Now he wants all his payment and property back. Can he legally ask for it?
Yes, he can ask for the money he gave you. As he gave you the money by cheque, he can easily show that he had lent that money to you.
Regarding your second query, you can make a claim in that property only if, you can show that you also made some sorts of contribution in that property.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- A man cheated her wife and me how can I take action against him
- Regular promotion under examination which is kept in sealed cover
- Acquitted in criminal case can I get a job in central excise dept
- Easement right law
- College student threatening for physical violence what action possible